Sunday 17 April 2011

I'm gonna make your life so sweet, yeah, yeah, yeah...

The cake was something I was not looking forward to planning. I'd heard from other brides how expensive they are, and I don't really like the taste of fondant. My dear FI said he'd take care of it, so I forgot about it, but then FI had 2 frienders fall though. It was time for me to take the reigns. To simultaneously procrastinate and look for inspiration i googled "purple and green wedding cake"

***ooooh, ahhhh, oooo***


Then I came accross this:


Is that what I think it is?



Is that a cupcake cake with a small cake to cut on top? I didn't know this existed! Perfect! Cupcakes are magically delicious but we still get the beautiful cakeness of fondant on top! So I Kijiji'ed for cupcake makers in the GTA and they were either expensive or looked like something I would make (a baker, I am not!) and then i came accross this:

Wow those are BEAUTIFUL so I contacted Laura of CAKED and she was sweet as could be and we set up a time to come and sample some cupcakes. Our mouths were watering...

The day of the samples was finally upon us and she presented us these:

Don't they look too pretty to eat? Not only were they BEAUTIFUL but they're also DELICIOUS! The ones with the white icing are vanilla base with lemon icing mmmmm, the green ones are mint chocolate yummmy, the purple/white were french vanilla, and the purple ones are decadent dark chocolate. I am so excited! I'm keeping the cutting cake under wraps for now!

Laura does all the set up the morning of the wedding, and comes to collect the stand the next day from the venue. Her price was very reasonable as well. Yay cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment